Monday, June 23, 2025

What Have I Been Doing?

As I stated in my previous blog, I've completely lost my knitting mojo.😳😱😭🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🙇‍♀️😔 I had started (for what I had hoped) a project that would spark joy (a pair of socks for myself) but, it turned out to be a lesson in frustration (my vanilla pattern that has always worked was not working with the sock yarn I had bought.😡😤😠😖😳😱😭🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🙇‍♀️😔 So, it sat, stuffed in a corner in my bedroom never to see the light of day.

Instead, I've been reading voraciously (literally a book a day) and found that I simply couldn't knit because I've been too busy reading. Then midway through my book binges, I decided that I would try to take a break from reading to see if my knitting would pick up. Instead, I then began to binge on anime and j-dramas and found that since I needed to read the subtitles, it was simply too hard to knit and "watch TV" at the same time.😳🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😔 Then, I started to have book withdrawals and couldn't handle not having a book to read at night.😳😱🤦‍♀️😔 So, my book reading picked up again.🤦‍♀️😁🥰

However, I also started to pick up my water colour painting (again); since I had quit my job, I wanted to send water coloured ornaments to my family on the mainland this year and I really needed to work on my water colour skills (it's dismal at best😳🤦‍♀️😔). I also wanted to finish my water colour birds art installation (I started it last Spring!).😳🤦‍♀️😔 And, guess what?! I actually (partially) finished and put it up:
It's partially done because I realized that what I have isn't enough to fill both my living room and bedroom (I didn't even have enough for my living room to begin with😳😔🤦‍♀️🙇‍♀️; at least I had enough for my bedroom🥰). But, I had purchased a heat gun and a glue gun which will help me make making additional birds so much easier.🙌🎉🎊🥳 And, now, I'm back in the business of making more of my "flock".

Then, I was perusing Instagram and noticed that graduation season was coming around. I started to look around as Hub's niece was going to graduate next year and I had seen a super cool fabric lei that I was contemplating about learning how to make it. (Due to my lack of knitting mojo, I wanted to start this now to ensure that she'd have something by next year!😳😔). As I was brain storming with my MIL about it, I realized that making a fabric lei was a no-go for me.  Instead, I decided to fall back on an old staple: straw yarn leis. But, I also wanted to give her a little something extra. I had purchased a crochet book of all these cute little bugs and thought: What if I made one for her? And then, B-A-M! The crochet bug (literally) caught me! 🙌🎉🎊🥳 I took down all the yarn I bought for this (book) project (I bought all the yarn back from 2022!😳😔), cracked open the book again and just started it (after all, crochet isn't my thing; it could very well take me a full year to make one of these bugs!😳😔🤦‍♀️). Low and behold, it took me two (2) days to mostly finish the body and I could've finished the whole thing if I wasn't having a dilemma about what type of eyes (and what size eyes) to put on the dang thing! 😳😔😱🤦‍♀️😱🤦‍♀️😱🤦‍♀️ (more on this in another (soon to be!🤞🍀🐰) blog!)

But, I'm feeling my creativity coming back and working on these small crochet projects (as well as my water colour painting) is showing me progress! 🙌🎉🎊🥳🥰 I'm hoping that as I wrap up these projects, it'll spur my knitting back into action so that I'll be knitting again.  It's actually quite lonely not having anything to knit. I've been supplementing the "emptiness" with reading but it's not the same. Even crocheting is not the same as knitting (and while I don't hate crocheting as much as I used to, I don't exactly love it either - the only reason why I'm even doing it is because I really, really love the bugs I'm making! 🥰)

So, this is my current state of affairs. Hopefully, I'll wrap up my crochet projects, finish my flock and ornaments for the year and my knitting mojo will be back!🤞🤞🤞🍀🐰🍀🐰🍀🐰

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.