So what is this post about? It's about two (2! - yes, count 'em 2!) insects that I managed to finish (enough of) rather quickly from this book. And it was important that I finish them (enough) first before going back to finish my other two (2) pending projects from this book/pattern maker (as well as these insects) because of "the eyes". As you'll read in my other two (2) posts, I have been "stuck" with these projects because of my inability to determine what type and size eyes I needed for them (no more just trying to use my button collection because the smallest button I have is too big for these projects!😳😱😭🤦♀️)
So here's the hold-ups to help me move forward on finishing all the insects from this book & pattern maker. First up:
Arimaki (アリマキ) (aka Aphid(s)):
I wanted to see how this turned out since it looked much smaller than the other insects so, I only made one and here's how it went:
I mostly finished it (it's missing the last row and it's antennae & legs) as I just wanted to see what sized eyes I'd need. Overall, it was pretty easy to make and came out quite larger than I expected. However, I think it needs smaller eyes than the Tentou Mushi (天道虫); I think 5mm eyes are needed (vs the 6mm eyes that seems to "fit" better on the Tentou Mushi (天道虫)). Here's how it looks (with test eyes):
Next up: Katatsumuri (かたつむり) (aka Snail):
This was the next insect that looked like it was on the smaller side (and had significantly different instructions than the others); so, I wanted to make sure I got the right (hopefully same!🤞🍀) sized eyes for it. Here's how it went:
For the most part, it wasn't too bad to make. Overall, this was my least favorite "insect" to make as you had to make it in pieces rather than in the round so it was a bit fiddly. As I was making it, it started to make me doubt if I did the head right on the Tentou Mushi (天道虫) since Katatsumuri's (かたつむり) head seemed so much bigger. In the end, it was the same size.😌😳 That also meant that the eyes would be the same size.🙌🥳 Here's what it looks like:
I think I'm ready to move forward to buy these dang eyes and to wrap up all of my pending projects!.🙌🥳


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.