Wednesday, September 23, 2026

ブルーベリーチーズケーキ (Blueberry Cheesecake)

One of my "gifts" to myself this year was this pattern as I wanted more "summer" tops. At first, I was going to use my Blue Moon Yarn Silky Socks in Denim for this other pattern but as I was winding the yarn, I thought it might be perfect for this pattern. Here's how my adventure went:
 
First, it took me forever to wind the yarn. For some reason or another, I just couldn't get my swift to have the proper tension with my ball winder for it to wind properly.
 
After that ordeal was over, I reviewed the pattern instructions and rewrote it in my knitting book to make it easier for me to follow along.  While writing out the "back" side, I started to worry if I actually had enough yarn.🤨😳😱😯 Instead of fretting over it, I decided that I would just "go for it" and see how far along I could make the sweater. I figured if I really ran out of yarn, as long as I had enough for the body, I could always use another "close enough" yarn for the neckline, hem and shoulders.🤔🤞🍀🧶👕🐥 So, I casted on for a M size and here's how the following turned out:
 
Back side: Followed the instructions and so far so good!👍🥳🎉🥰 Finished through nearly all of the armhole shaping (just missing the last three (3) rows but think I need to do (at least) 5 more repeats for a comfortable fit) on 08/15/26. I finished the last three (3) rows on 08/16/26 as well as reviewed and rewrote the rest of the Left & Right Fronts and joining the front together to get a better idea of how much I would need to modify if I  made the armhole depth longer. Thankfully, what I think I need to add on is either less or just about how much I would need for the underarm cast on anyways so, I think I'll be "safe" to do the adjustment.👍🤞🍀 So, I did five (5) more repeats on 08/16/26 before calling it a day. On 08/17/26, after having Hubs check how the back is going on my actual back, I did three (3) more repeats for a total of 100 sts then started working in the Left Front side.
 
Left and Right Front sides: On 08/17/26, with an 8" & 14" cables (knit with the 14" cable, put stitches on hold with the 8" cable), I completed both the Left & Right Front sides then joined the front side. Doing both sides was very similar to parts of the back.
 
Joining the Front: On 08/17/26, combining both my 8" & 14" cables, followed instructions on how to join the front in addition to the additional armhole increases I did for the back. Because I added eight (8) more armhole repeats, I'll only needed to cast on 4 sts for each side to connect the front to the back. Here's what it looks like so far:
Body: On 08/18/26, joined the front to the back by casting on 3 sts on each side and completed 7 rows for the body before calling it for the day. On 08/19/26, I did 12.5 more rows. On 08/20/26, I did 12.5 more rows & now, I have 10cm worth of "body"; I need 30 cm worth (at least) so, it looks like I'll be working on this for quite sometime!😳😱🤦‍♀️🤣. I did another 8 rows before quiting for the day. On 08/21/26, I did 34 more rows; yay! 22 cm done!🥳🎉🙌 On 08/22/26, I did another 28 rows to finish the body at 32.5cm.
Neckline & Hem:
I decided to do the neckline first before finishing the hem. On 08/26/26, I picked up the neckline (also using my Chiaogoo 3.5mm (US4) needles and 22" cables) and finished it before moving back to the hem; I ended doing 5 rows before using Lola's Modified JSSBO to bind off. As I've been loving split hems, I used the hem instructions as a guideline on how long to make my hem; using my Chiogoos 3.5mm (US4) needles and 22" cable for this portion, I did five (5) rows and used Lola's Modified JSSBO to bind off as well. I also finished the hem on 08/26/26.
The hem kept flipping up and I didn't think it'd block out so, I ended up ripping out the back half of the hem on 08/29/26 and the front half on 08/30/26. I redid the hem by adding two (2) rows of Slip- Stitch Selvage (using my  Chiaogoo 4.0mm needles) then redoing the hem (using my Chiaogoo 3.5mm needles) and bind off (again); I also finished this on 08/30/26. Here's the finished bottom (again):
Sleeves: 
On 08/29/26, using my Chiaogoo 4.0mm (US6) needles and 22" cables, picked up the right sleeve and followed the instructions to "test" out one side before commiting to both sleeves. While the cap seemed fine, the overall sleeve was a little tight so I added four (4) stitches back in the underarm area (total number of stitches after the short rows: 70 sts) to give me a bit more room. On 08/30/26, I started the left side to catch up. On 08/31/26, based on how much yarn I had left, I ended up with 30 rows for each sleeve before I decided that more yarn was needed.😳😱😞
On 09/08/26, after much deliberation and agonizing,  I decided that I would use my Malabrigo sock 806 Impressionist Sky yarn to finish off the sleeve. I did three (3) more rows using my original yarn then used the fade method from my Mottainai sweater for the Malabrigo yarn for nearly six (6) rows; then did another six (6) rows with just the Malabrigo yarn before finishing for the day. On 09/09/26, did another 24 rows of the sleeves; then started decreasing 2 sts every 5 rows for another 15 rows. On 09/12/26, finished decreasing for another 5 rows then did decreases on Row 1, 4, 6, & 9 (alternating the decrease from the center seam and the "top" of the arm) for the next 10 rows; then switched to my Chiaogoo 3.5mm needles and did decreased 4 stitches in row 1 (2 at the center seam and 2 at the "top" of the arm), four rows for a split hem, and 2 slip stitch rows before using Lola's Modified JSSBO to bind off.

And, here's the completed sweater:
 
Front
Back
Inside Back 
 
Side 
Cuffs 
Overall thoughts: 
Overall, this top was quite easy to make and relatively quick too (it took me 12 days to finish this sweater). The instructions were very clear and the pictures provided were helpful (although I wish the initial back pictures were actually on someone's back to give you a better perspective).  Also, measuring the back to one's self is nearly impossible so, it's really a two (2) person job unless you've made the pattern before and know your gauge is spot on. Other than that, I would totally recommend on making this pattern as it's a good basic "top" pattern and can at least be a three (3) season sweater depending on the type of yarn used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.