Wednesday, January 28, 2026

Carbeth 2.0

Remember when I had made the Carbeth.  This is such a beautiful sweater πŸ˜πŸ₯°πŸ’•and while I don't regret making it with my polyester yarn, I was ready for an actual wool one.πŸ˜πŸ˜‰ So with my Cascade yarn (colour: Palm), I made another one just like my original sweater, here's what I did:

  1. Starting with Step 1: using my Chiaogoo Twist 5.0mm needles & my 37" & 30" cables, did a provisional cast-on and K 10 rows.
  2. Move onto Step 2: switching to my Chiaogoo Twist 4.5mm needles & 14" cables, ribbed the wrist portions; then switching back to my 5.0mm needle, continue the arms to increase for the smallest size & K an additional 32 rows to finish off the sleeves.
  3. Complete Step 3 & 4.  For Step 4, I switched back to my 4.5mm needles and instead of doing a roll-over collar, I wanted a higher necked collar so I only ribbed for 10 rows before binding off using Jenny's stretchy bind off.
  4. Then I went back to Step 1: using my 5.0mm needles where I K another 49 rows, before doing 2 short rows (using the German short row method) and then K another 2 rows, P 1 row, then finished off the bottom with ribbing for 10 rows and binding off (also using Jenny's stretchy bind off method).
  5. To finish off the sweater (Step 5), since it seemed a little tight, I picked up 5 sts on each side and added 4 additional rows before I grafted it together using the Kitchener stitch.
Here's what my sweater looks like:

 Front
Side
 
Back

I had thought this would be an easy knit (because I had already made this sweater) but ... noooooπŸ˜”πŸ˜–πŸ€¦‍♀️it was NOT!πŸ˜”πŸ˜–πŸ€¦‍♀️I had to cast on the body twice! because I couldn't count (and I possibly still have brain fog from my shingles) and I was still unsure if I had the right count on the body before connecting it in Step 3 (at this point, I had counted the body three! (3) times before deciding that I'd just fix it if need be when joining to the sleeves). Come to find out, I did have the right stitch count; I just couldn't count!πŸ˜”πŸ˜–πŸ€¦‍♀️ After that, I realized that I still couldn't do math properly as I had over estimated how quickly I could decrease the upper body section; in reality, I needed to take two (2!) days to finish it off (instead of the calculated few hours!)😳🀦‍♀️😭). Amazingly, I was able to finish the upper body and collar as well as doing a few rows on the body so, apparently, I made up some time there.😳😱πŸ₯³πŸ‘Amazingly, in reality, I did manage to finish this sweater in record time: it only took me five (5!) days to finish this sweater (including weaving in all the ends). I think I spent the most time casting on and making sure I had the right body count!πŸ˜³πŸ˜”πŸ€¦‍♀️ Everything else seemed to have knitted up quite quickly.😊πŸ₯³πŸŽŠπŸ™ŒπŸ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.