It's been a while since I've posted anything so, let's catch up! What have I been doing?
Well, to be frank, I haven't been doing much since my last post when I made my ぽちゃぽちゃのチキ. I was working on a crochet bug (a post on that may be forthcoming if I can ever actually finish it!😳😱😔🤦♀️🤷♀️🙇♀️) but that ended up stalling since I was being indecisive as well as had some "stuffing" issues.😔🤦♀️🤷♀️
Then I got sucked up in the whirlwind of some computer issues and was cleaning things up as well as considering what system(s) I wanted to use in the future (aka getting off the Google train). I started looking into different systems and realized how difficult it would be to move off Blogger (the system I'm using to write this post). I had found a way to say my old blogs but no way of figuring out how to keep posting, migrating everything over and keeping everything together.😱😔😭 And as I was saving my old blogs, I realized that I had completely missed!! I Love Yarn Day this year (it was on October 11, 2025).😱😔😭🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️How could I have possibly missed this date??😱😔😭🤦♀️
I realized that I've officially been out of work for a little over a year now 🙌🎉🎊🥳🥰 and, while I've been extremely grateful and super happy to not be working, I have not been nearly as productive with my knitting as I had hoped I'd be. It seemed that I had a little spurt of productivity then I just ... petered out. 😔😳😱😭🤦♀️🤷♀️🙇♀️ It made me realize how burnt out I really was - not just from working but overall as a whole. When I think about it, I didn't realize that I was that burnt out; I just thought that once I'd stop working I would have so much (more) free time to do all the things I want to do. While in many instances that is true, it's also true that I have finally been able to slow down as well. This means: sleeping more (or more often - think naps!😉😁🥰); having more time to cook for Hubs when he's tired or just doesn't have the energy to do so; puttering around the house, cleaning things up around the house (things that have just been sitting around forever) - both physically and electronically (I'm amazed at all the electronic "junk" I've accumulated over the years - definitely trying to be less of an electronic hoarder!); reading more; watching a lot Japanese anime (something I haven't done in years); finally getting around to giving water colouring a try. All these "tasks" take time ... apparently A LOT of time!😳😱 So much time that I haven't had time (or the drive) to knit; I've found that I'm a one task kind of gal - I can either read or knit; watch anime or read; crochet or knit or water colour; catch up on bills and emails from friends and family or do something else. I can't seem to do more than one (1) type of task at a time nor have the self-discipline to split my time up either (the day just zips by and next thing I know, it's three (3) o'clock AM!).😔😳😱😭🤦♀️🙇♀️I suspect that this is the case (for me) because now, I actually have the luxury of time. While it's been slightly distressing that I haven't been knitting (or whipping through my stash as I had hoped), I can't even begin to explain how less stressed I am; how I feel like I can actually be a better spouse and friend to Hubs and my friends and family. And, I think because of that, perhaps, I don't feel so driven to "hurry up" and get my knitting or crochet projects done. I now have time.
Although I hope, as the weather cools down, my knitting mojo will come back; at least I've been daydreaming about knitting (more) now (I wasn't even been doing that before). I do miss knitting ... it's weird to have idle hands; but, since we're still not going out very often, my hands are not often idle (can't be watching Japanese anime and knitting at the same time - I need to be reading those subtitles and can't "see" my knitting at the same time!😔😳🤭🤭🤭). However, I think things will be changing as I think Hubs may be ready to get back into the outside world as he's also had a chance to rest (he retired a few months ago so, we've been spending even more time together (and as such, taking up more of my time!😉😁🥰)). So, if we'll be venturing out, I definitely need to make sure I have a project on me in case there's some idle car time ...
I wonder what's in store for me as the year closes out ... 🤔🤔🤔
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.