Monday, May 5, 2025

UPDATE: Giri no Haha no Tabi (義理 の 母 の 足袋) (aka Tabi Monogatari for Giri no Haha no Tabi's the original, v30, 34-38)

Remember when I had gone on a sock making binge for my MIL? Well, due to her Parkinson's, she now has feet sensitivities and has returned the socks to me to reuse/inspect. So, here's my sock updates:

The Blue Moon Yarn Squishy Sock:
While it was a really soft sock, it didn't wear well since it was too soft:
See those heel holes?😱
Even with my MIL's darning, it just didn't hold up.😳😱😖😔
 
Next up, the Knitting Fever Painted Desert:
While it's supposed to be a sock yarn, it totally didn't hold up at all: 
This one even seemed to go down the foot!😱
Even with my MIL's darning, it just didn't hold up.😳😱😖😔

Now, the Noro Taiyo Sock:
While the original Tabi sock I made her seemed fine, I think she hardly wore it because the other "regular" sock I made her looks like this:
Look at those holes?!😱😳
I can also see why she didn't care for them as much as they are much stiffer socks than all of the other socks so, not as much as a favored sock.😖🤦‍♀️😔

Next is Neighborhood Fiber's Organic Studio Sock & Austermann Step :
Interestingly enough, it was Neighborhood Fiber's Organic Studio Sock that had worn through:
I was impressed how the Austermann Step heel seemed firmly intact.  However, like the other three (3) socks above, it does seem like it's worth saving these socks. 😔😥

Next is the Berroco Sock Yarn:
At first, it seemed to have survived being whole.  However, upon further inspection, I found a small hole in the heel:
So, it actually didn't wear as well as it initially looked like (and as shown, it looks well worn):
So, out of the seven (7) pairs of socks that she really loved, it seems like these two (2) seems to be the only survivors with no holes: Lana Gatto Socks & Wisdom Yarn Pix Socks
It seems like she wore the Lana Gatto Socks a lot more than the Wisdom Yarn Pix socks so, it's hard to say how well the Wisdom Yarn Pix socks would've really held up.🤷‍♀️
 
Overall, I hope she had enjoyed the socks while she could wear them as clearly, they did their jobs and looks like they were well worn.🤞❤️🥰🧦

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.